Friday 20 May 2016

Annies Fairy Garden

Annie's Fairy Garden

Today i decided to take on a small makeover/recycling project with my little girl.

This Chiminea was cracked and pretty much useless with regards to holding heat so it was destined for the tip. But then I was inspired !

I visited our local garden centre Wolvercroft World of Plants and purchased a few lovely trailing flowers. From my own garden i found the base off an old hanging basket, a large pot, and some shingle.

We used the base of the hanging basket ( with some shingle under it ) as a false bottom to allow drainage to the plants. I had a few trowels full of compost left over from my summer bedding plant up so we put that to good use ! Inside we planted a white Calibrachoa with lovely creamy white flowers with tiny yellow centres. The Calibrachoa likes to dry out between waterings which suits the inside of the pot perfectly as it will be slightly sheltered from the rain.

The chimney part looked a bit bare so we found the large pot that sits in there perfectly to hold a trailing Petunia in this lovely light mauve colour. Having a plant at the top with drainage also allows us to save water by just watering the top plant as the water will drop to the soil below quenching the thirst of the underneath plant!

Inside we led the original lid down and tucked in my childrens favourite fairy statue.

I am looking forward to creating some magic in this pot by hiding little treats for the children to find.

I hope you like it !

XxP&TxX

LandLove Magazine Gardeners' World Magazine #recycling #fairygarden #plants







No comments:

Post a Comment