Thursday 6 June 2019

~*~ No Taste like Home ~*~

Home baking appears to have become a lost art. With convenience food being so cheap (and quite literally convenient ) home baking has taken a huge back step.

This week I have been chatting to various people craving that taste of home. Their Mothers steak pies. Their Nans sunday apple crumble . That amazing fruit cake the lady four doors down would make a deliver whilst still hot . For me , its got to be my Mums quiches. Mine do not compare !

Wherever possible, I make everything from scratch. I know what is in it, I know wheres its come from and I know my children wont explode with a sugar rush or preservatives high. Believe me, these children do NOT need help with that!

The art of pastry making, making a simple roux or a basic vegetable soup seems to have disappeared from our knowledge. If its not in a packet..it cannot be made !
It seems a shame that many of our children will be unable to make a meal from scratch through inexperience and lack of home baking at home.

I have been told I am old fashioned in some respects- but this topic struck me as sad. Lets teach our children how to make crumble . Lets show them how to make soup from foraged food . Why dont we get our children cooking us tea for once?

Lets get home baking back on the menu , and those packet foods in the bin!

What is your home baked favourite?

XxP&TxX

No comments:

Post a Comment