Wednesday 15 March 2017

 Eggy Heads

Today was a bit of a duvet day for myself and my little brood .With my eldest off school feeling under the weather, we reached for the colouring books, pens and family films.

As spring is approaching rapidly, plans for our garden have started . New borders, fruit and vegetable growing and seed purchasing! 

Whilst looking through different options for flowers and vegetables to grow in our somewhat poor quality soil, I stumbled across an old familiar. Cress Seeds! 

I remember growing cress at school and home when I was little and eating the classic egg and cress sandwiches ! I thought it would be a brilliant activity to do with my daughters age 4 & 2. Simple, but effective and with fast results which is the key with children. 

We decided to use egg shells to house our cress seeds so that it could become crazy hair ! Thanks to a little help from Cbeebies and a certain black rabbit cartoon, Eggy Heads began!

My children were able to see step by step what it takes to prepare a surface for the seeds to grow, the right placement and nourishment needed to allow the seeds to grow. This little project will soon extend to the garden where they can prepare seed trays and plant flowers and vegetables this spring and summer. 

With cress seed being mere pence, why not give this lovely activity a go your selves? I would love to see your pictures !

XxP&TxX

No comments:

Post a Comment