Tuesday 14 March 2017


Mere Park Creamery

As a Mum to a child with a dairy intolerance, I have found it difficult to substitute some dairy products with success . Soya milk just does not make a milkshake as nicely as cows milk in my opinion ! 

I was bought some of Mere Park Creamerys Ewes Milk to try and I was really impressed!
I will admit, I was dubious at first. As a child , I would accompany my dad in the milking parlour, perched on a stool in charge of the radio. I knew the cows that produced the milk the farm produced. When I realised a year or so ago ,both my daughters were dairy intolerant I was stumped. But what will they eat?



I have tried various dairy replacement products including some very strange textured yoghurts and various brands of soya milk and have not found many of them very appealing personally ! 
I tried the Ewes Milk myself first to see whether I thought it would go down well with my children. Although I don’t think anything of drinking cows milk or cooking with goats cheese , I have never tried Ewes Milk ! I was super impressed !

The creaminess of the milk rivals any gold top cows milk I have tried. The top of the milk had that cream layer that you only get with good quality milk or from the glass bottles the milkman delivers! It’s a lovely smooth milk with no strange taste or lingering after taste. I made porridge for my youngest daughters breakfast and it came out perfectly. I tried it in a small milkshake for both my daughters. Their silent drinking and promptly empty glasses spoke volumes! I even made myself one and it was amazing!



I am fortunate in the fact my eldest daughter is now much better with dairy and my youngest seems to be improving steadily, but, this is definitely a product that I will buy out of choice, not just necessity !

XxP&TxX

**Photo credit to Mere Park Farm**  

No comments:

Post a Comment