Monday 11 January 2016

Countryside Walk

I am lucky enough to live in the Dorset countryside which to some is the most idyllic place to live. Within just a few minutes I am able to access beach walk, countryside walks, woods and farmland. This is where I have lived for most of my life. Before that was the Wiltshire countryside which is just as beautiful.

My village is surrounded by woodland which makes for lovely walks all year round, and fantastic for inspiration gathering. I am often seen out with my children and camera ( and one of my cats that also joins us) taking photographs and collecting leaves and sticks to make artwork from.

This is how I captured this photograph. This is a little woods that leads onto an old disused train line that ran through the village years and years ago. There is nothing left now really, apart from an almost ghostly pathway between the larger trees that echos the original reason of their placing.

I wanted to photograph trees as I have some absolutely stunning material I picked up that I think would look fantastic as tree bark. The shape of the trees is the most important thing when considering how to draw them or applique onto fabric so that it doesn't lose its organic look.

I hope you enjoy the photograph as much as I do. It feels peaceful to me and i was very inspired by it.

XxP&TxX

No comments:

Post a Comment