Sunday 3 January 2016

You may have seen the sneak preview last night of this new item i have been designing.
Here is the finished product .
I came up with the idea of doing a doorstop cottage after i find my self continually using various shoes or toys as a prop to hold our stair gate open in the evening once the children have gone to bed. I knew i wanted something rustic and i wanted to use re purposed fabrics. The structure of the house is actually from a skirt i owned years ago and have been using for scrap bits for various little projects but couldn't think of the perfect use for the larger pieces.
The little red door i thought was a cute little touch which really stands out. This idea came from a house nearby to me, it is the only one on the lane to have a primary coloured door and it really shows up so i had to include it!

I love the windows on the house. I have gathered the curtains before i stitched on the window frame, i really want to peek inside and imagine a little family living in there.

This little cottage style door stop is ideal for a country home or for those who want to introduce a bit of the countryside into their house.

XxP&TxX

No comments:

Post a Comment