Thursday 10 January 2019

~×~ Natural Dyes ~×~

Today I did a bit of experimenting in the kitchen. This time, not to do with baking or recipes, but dyeing cord!

The macrame cord I have is 100% cotton so an absolutely excellent candidate for dyeing.

Cord can be bought in different colours but many of these are made using nasty chemicals. Not my scene!

Raiding my cupboards, I found the perfect components to try out some gorgeous colours. *Red cabbage juice *Turmeric *Worcester sauce
*Red chilli powder

I mixed these individually in a small tin of boiling water and placed in my offcuts of cord.

Leaving these alone for 5 hrs was hard! I wanted to keep lifting them out and seeing how they were doing but I was very good!

The colours are beautiful and have created some beautifully soft natural colours, just look at that pink from the cabbage.

I shall wash them in a salt water mix to 'fix' the colour permenantly.
Getting creative with every day ingredients! I will be raiding the cupboards for more!! Which is your favourite?

XxP&TxX

#patterjackandtweed #dye #vegetabledyes #nonasty #nonastychemicals #handdyed #macrame #cotton #cord #blogger #blog #bloggerstyle #bloggers #mummy #kitchencupboardbasics #handicraft

No comments:

Post a Comment